Welcome to the Diamondguild
The Diamondguild was created in October 1982, by 15 firms, specialized in colour precious stones. The aims of the Diamondguild are;
- To participate in the continuing promotion of Antwerp as centre for the diamond, ruby, sapphire and emerald trade.
- Create an atmosphere of confidence through scientific research by the Gemmological Institute, WTOCD of the HRD in cooperation with Belgium and foreign universities.
- Stimulate diamond sales and precious stones internationally and encourage dealers to come to Antwerp.
- Support the International Diamond Workers to improve working conditions in low wage countries (child labour).
- Guarantee the origin of precious stones: not from conflict zones and free of clandestine financing.
- Promote diamond and precious stones jewellery in Europe and world wide.
On our site we will show you the different initiatives the Diamondguild has taken in the past, and will take in the (near) future. Each trimester we also distribute a newsletter, covering the progress on the different projects we are currently working on. If you want to be part of this organisation on the move, please visit the membership-page and subscribe today. A membership is almost free and holds nothing but advantages. Feel free to have a look at the different companies and people who have preceded you on our members-page.